Signs of labour
Although every woman and every pregnancy will experience labour differently, it is unlikely that you will misinterpret the early signs you are in labour. Signs of early labour can vary, however there are some specific changes which might provide some clues;
- Persistent back or abdominal pain
- Painful regular contractions
- Ruptured membrane (waters breaking)
- A brown or blood tinged mucus discharge (The Show)
- Upset stomach or loose bowel movements
- Feeling emotional or moody
- Disrupted sleep
You will most likely have had a discussion with your caregivers about what to do when you begin labour. If you feel something is not right or you are feeling unsure, do not hesitate to contact your caregiver, they will be used to receiving calls from women who are unsure. They will most likely be able to get a good sense of how you are progressing and be able to provide advice about what you will need to do.
For more information;
Pregnancy Birth & Baby – Giving birth – the signs and stages of labour
Baby Centre Australia – How will I know when I’m in labour?