PANDSI offers help and support to everyone who is affected by perinatal depression – mums, dads and families. They provide the support you need at every stage of your journey to recovery.
PANDSI offer a range of services including;
- Telephone support service
- Day support group
- Yoga evening support group
- Fitness and support group
- Dad’s information nights
- Library of books and DVD’s
PANDSI’s support groups offer a safe and nurturing environment where you can share your stories and experiences without judgement or criticism with people who understand your situation.
You can call PANDSI on 02 6288 1936 to speak with an experienced support worker to discuss your situation and ascertain your suitability for their programs, discuss the programs available to you and take you through the next steps of engaging with their services.
Dream a Little Dream provides a quality mental health service to parents who feel they would benefit from additional support adjusting to pregnancy and parenthood.
Dream a Little Dream is a psychological counselling service that can be accessed in your own time and in the comfort of your own home.
Brighter Beginnings Psychology & Wellbeing provides psychological services and support to mothers, fathers and their families prior to conception, during pregnancy and into the first two years following the birth of a baby.
They work with families who are experiencing:
- Antenatal or postnatal depression and anxiety
- Fertility issues
- Birth trauma
- Perinatal loss
- Difficulties feeling bonded with their baby
Clients may be eligible to receive Medicare rebated psychological consultations under the provision of a Mental Health Care Plan, obtained via their GP.
PANDA provides a vital service across Australia by offering a specialist national perinatal mental health telephone counselling service, as well as working to reduce stigma around perinatal anxiety and depression by providing education services to health professionals and the wider community.
PANDA aims to ensure that callers feel supported, gain increased understanding of what they are experiencing and receive information on services and supports in their local areas.
Services offered by PANDA include;
- National Helpline 1300 726 306– a telephone information, counselling and referral service staffed by trained volunteers, professional counsellors and supervising staff. Available 10am-5pm Monday to Friday
- Community and health professional education – a community education program, run by trained volunteers, uses personal experiences to raise awareness of perinatal anxiety and depression. The program aims to encourage people to seek help early for mental health issues and break down stigma around perinatal mental health.
Beyond Blue offers information and resources to help you take care of yourself and get some extra support when you need it. They offer a 24-hour helpline which is available 7 days, an online chat service and online forums where you can join in discussions about different issues that may be relevant to you.
24-hour Helpline – 1300 22 4636
MumSpace is Australia’s new one-stop website supporting the mental health and emotional wellbeing of pregnant women, new mums and their families.
MumSpace is designed to connect you quickly with the level of support you need, from advice and support in the transition to parenthood, to effective online treatment programs for perinatal depression and anxiety. The resources on MumSpace will help you ‘step-up’ to whichever level of support suits you best.