Community Options – Women and Newborn Community Support Program
Community Options is a local not for profit community organisation providing a variety of support services to residents of the ACT and surrounding areas. They specialise in case management and service coordination to people who have been identified as having complex needs and provision of post hospital support services to eligible ACT residents.
Community Options developed The Women and Newborn Community Support Program aimed at improving the health and wellbeing of women and their newborn babies who may be experiencing social isolation, financial or social disadvantage or domestic violence through the provision of short-term (up to 8 weeks) community based support and practical assistance after being discharged from hospital.
The Women and Newborn Community Support Program offers support through;
- Case management
- Assistance with sourcing and organising goods and equipment
- Assistance with domestic tasks
- Parenting skills development and capacity building
- Assistance with accessing other support and services in the community
Access to The Women and Newborn Community Support Program is subject to the following eligibility criteria;
- You must be a resident of the ACT or surrounding area
- Have recently given birth in an ACT hospital
- Have limited or no informal support
- Experiencing complex social circumstances and varying degrees of vulnerability during the postnatal period such as social isolation, financial or social disadvantage and domestic violence
This is a referral only program. If you think you may benefit from this program you will need to speak to your midwife or social worker before leaving hospital who may be able to provide you with a referral.